Religion
Anime
Fun
Music
Misc
Art
Jokes
Snippets

General » How would you improve the current game?  
| Poll  
bbcode example
A while back I made this post. It's partially outdated now, so I was thinking of remaking it.

I am interested in hearing what everyone thinks could improve the game as it is now? Basically, what would need to be added to motivate you to log in more often?

02/07/16
Chief
6 Replies
bbcode example
I personally think the main problem with Maple is the lack of social activity. Not only does that make the game boring (how much fun can a person have spamming attacks?) but makes it significantly harder (too hard is just as bad as too easy). For example, finding parties for bosses becomes a challenge. This becomes a problem when trying to fight high level bosses where parties of six are expected to beat them. So players have to become Kirito and solo everything or just stick to low level bosses.
There are other problems, but I don't feel like going on forever. 
SCEditor Demo

02/08/16
AsuraSoul
bbcode example
i would say multiplayer content but given how dead ursus makes me doubt it
i did make friends doing R&J on my link mules though
SCEditor Demo

02/08/16
Jaffah
bbcode example
Jaffah: i would say multiplayer content but given how dead ursus makes me doubt it
i did make friends doing R&J on my link mules though

Technically the entire game is multiplayer, but the only way anyone bothers teaming up is if Nexon forces it.
SCEditor Demo

02/09/16
AsuraSoul
bbcode example
 AsuraSoul : ye you can't really change the asocial culture thats developed now idk

I also rlly like the single player story content tho black heaven and friendstory were fun lol
SCEditor Demo

02/09/16
Jaffah
bbcode example
 Jaffah: Technically you can by either forcing people to be in groups (like in Root Abyss) or by making it beneficial to work together.
SCEditor Demo

02/09/16
AsuraSoul
bbcode example
Forcing people to be in groups more just breeds more mule accounts.
Content that makes it more beneficial for people to work together will be deader than dead in a week. If you implement that for everything in the game, well, goodbye to whatever's left of the player base.

Honestly, I think the problem is that the game is a mmorpg. Stealing this idea from somewhere else (I believe it was Reddit?), people nowadays want instant gratification for playing games. One of mmorpg's very core is grinding for rewards and advancements. You can see how they contrast. This game always had some sort of grind, but it was popular back then because mmorpgs in general exploded on the internet. That and lots and lots of whales used this game as a dress-up chat simulator. With the rise of social media, the game started to wane down because more and more people started finding less use for this game. 

There really isn't anything I can see that can "improve" this game because what made the core of this game was a product of its time. It will never be restored to what it was before. There are...some rather unsavory people in the official forums throwing around ideas that releasing a pre-BB game  would restore the playerbase. Yeah--no. They use RS07 as an example, but it's a horrible example. RS07 IS rather popular compared to that bloated adware that's RS3, but it's nowhere near the popularity of the game during its heydays of '06~07. There are also numerous other complications about opening up a pre-BB server/game, but I've digressed too much.

Sorry for this, I really wanted to post my thoughts somewhere, and thought this would be a great place since there's no idiot who thinks "nu-uh, you're stupid!" is a perfect counterargument to everything.

Tl;dr: ms okay gaem '05~07 rating 6/10,

current gen gaems gud 8/10 butter than maple syrup '07. 
SCEditor Demo

02/11/16*
Loraket
Login to post a comment
ChatChief is not an official site, nor is it affiliated with Nexon America.
ChatChief is Copyright 2014 ChatChief.com. All rights reserved. Contact  |  Privacy Policy  |  Rules